Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!

I can handle the war on Christmas. I could handle a war on Easter. Hell, I could handle a war on my very own birthday. But this has gone too far! Who would impose a war on Thanksgiving? Read it here.

People are now arguing that Thanksgiving is no longer the religious holiday it should be. Now I won't get into my religious views, I won't be that guy (so to speak...) but why can't this holiday be about acknowledging the positive elements of your life however precious little or grand they may be. And if I were to choose to send my gratitude in the direction of the people around me who have made an impact on my life, is that really such a bad thing? This is a personal opinion, but regardless of your religion or lack thereof if you can spread happiness and give and be gracious shouldn't a Christian view that as doing God's work? Not a lot of things are black and white but a good person is still a good person if they don't share your theological perspective.

So it boils down like this, maybe you naysayers should be thankful that people are still thankful, who exactly they are thanking is moot. How is that for a start? Why don't we stop finding things to cry about and start thanking people who are truly in touch with the reason for the season, and that is thankfulness.

1 comment:

Martyr_Me said...

Amen.

Weren't some of the original thanksgiving meals to celebrate successful Native American massacres..? I think I remember reading that somewhere. That's not very Christian.

Then again--maybe it is. Filthy fucking god-less savages.